9/08/2013

Vito Andolini

"Do you need any olive oil?"
It's been over ten years since I've seen "Godfather Part II", but after reading the recap on Wikipedia I remember enjoying it much more than the 3rd installment and just a normal bit more than the original.  I also see parallels to "The Empire Strikes Back."  Both movies are darker than the original, Han in carbonite/Fredo dead in the lake...actually, the comparison fits better if Michael Corleone is compared to the Emperor.  Michael's career at the top of the Corleone family is encountering many snags (Congressional inquiries, Jewish mobsters in Cuba, traitorous brothers) and the Emperor of the Galactic republic is wondering if he can build a space station (that's not moon...) without a simple weakness, turn the son of his right hand (hand, hah!) to the dark side and work with gangsters to capture the key figures of the rebellion.  The flashbacks to post-WWI New York City are more reminiscent of  "A New Hope" or maybe even "A Phantom Menace" with the build-up of Vito Corleone's career similar to Obi Wan Kenobi's Jedi training.

Slight segue via the import-export business...tonight I feasted on Cento sardines, made in Morocco but imported from New Jersey.  I've probably eaten a dozen cans of sardines since I've been here, which isn't really that many for me.  The flavors ranged from soaked in water (ick) to jalapenos crammed in the can. If you haven't eaten sardines or are simply apprehensive about eating fish (or things out of a can), Cento in olive oil are for you.  They are not fishy and taste like meat with oil.

John Kerry is Sam the Eagle and I'm not the only one who thinks so.



Basically tonight's repast was the same as last night's.

2 eggs, 2 burgers and 2 sausages.

Today was my mom's birthday.  I didn't get her anything yet, but will have the opportunity to find her something uniquely Middle Eastern in two weeks when the souq comes to the base gym.  She's never used a hookah, but she probably doesn't even realize how fashionable they are in Pennsylvania.

Here's me squatting 315 five times the other night.



And here I am deadlifting 385 four times.



That's all for now.