9/09/2013

QOMAD

Wow.
I figured no blog with 'stache in the name would be complete without Mr. Jeopardy himself.  If you Google "Alex Trebek" one of the suggested searches is "why did he shave his mustache?"

So I gave in and decided to give the milk on base a try.  I figured today is a lifting day so why not add some sugars to my diet.  In the past I couldn't handle milk and quit drinking it so we'll give it a day or so and see how it goes.  I drank 36 ounces of the little blue capped bottles today, just over a quart.  When I first got to the base I was confused because I'm used to the red caps being whole milk and blue the 2%...even though 2% means reduced fat from 8 grams to 5 grams.  They should call it 37.5% milk, but I guess that isn't very catchy.  So I had 12oz at work and had 12oz at my breakfast dinner.  I feel so full now that I don't think I'll be hungry till easily 16 hours from now.  Some Crossfitters and weighlifters will drink a gallon of milk a day (GOMAD) to gain muscle weight.  I've never tried this, but today I got 25% of the way there.

I am interested in checking out raw milk and kefir when I get back.  We had been on the fence for a while about signing up (it's legal to sell raw milk but not across state lines or some such) but I think we'll consider it more seriously.  Some grocery stores carry kefir which is basically fermented milk and tastes like yogurt that you drink.

No videos for proof, but back to 3 plates on the squat rack and 2 for the bench press.

Squat: 5-315, 5-315, 5-315, 5-315, 2-315
Bench: 5-225, 5-225, 4-225, 3-225, 3-225,
Rows: 5x5x175

I had three different spotters today.  On my third set of squats, I got stuck a little over halfway up and saw this guy come running out of the corner of my eye.  I made it up on my own, but was glad for the consideration.  The second guy helped me with my first three sets of bench and asked me what my workouts consisted of.  I proceeded to give him a rundown of my diet, sleep and workout plan for a 24 hour period.  His eyes glazed over after the first five minutes, but once I got to "...and that's why I stopped wearing flannel on Thursdays..." he told me he was just curious because I seemed to "just lift squat and bench heavy and then leave."  After I scared that guy off, I found another guy to spot  my last two sets.  I didn't say more than was necessary for him to safely keep the bar off my larynx.

Finally, my stir fry/egg/milk masterpiece.

Milk


I am not endorsing the "Got Milk?  Because if you believe in America and her dairy farmers YOU WILL DRINK IT!!!!" campaign, but it seems apropos:

Leche bigote