9/18/2013

Tyr's Day

One more step closer to home: today I had my outprocessing briefing and it only lasted 22 minutes.  The inprocessing briefting lasted 90.  The general basically told us to keep working hard till the day we leave and ease back into life once we get home.  I took this latter bit to mean three things: don't make any drastic changes to the family routine right when you get home; find your place with your coworkers before making waves; and everyone's just going to have to get used to my mustache.

Workout: Not technically Wednesday, I still did squats, bench and rows and didn't miss a rep.
Squats: 3x5x300
Bench: 5x5x200
Rows: 5x5x185

Meals: Today was beef ribs (smothered in BBQ sauce which sticks to your mustache), gyro and chicken salad and fried eggs on top of corned beef hash.  Oh and 36 ounces of milk, Earl Grey Tea and fennel tea.

That's tzatziki sauce.

If only they served SPAM here.

VHS: Took the opportunity to see "Star Trek: Into Darkness" tonight (hence the workout first).  (TysI really can't believe that the base theater is using VHS tapes to play the movies.)  It was good, but I knew Benedict Cumberbatch plays Khan, so that wasn't a surprise.  Somehow, it feels like it is missing something...like it's a good movie but not a great movie.  Honestly, and this will come as a shock to many people, I've never big a huge Trekkie.  I don't know archaic details about the multitude of TV spinoffs or Uhura's cup size.  The only episode that I found intriguing was the Next Generation episode where they were stuck in a time loop and each start of the loop began with the main characters playing poker.

Sleep: I think not drinking a quart of coffee tonight is helping.  Sleep makes my squats stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment