9/17/2013

Batman 'stache

Why can't I stop sweating?
Obviously that's Kilmer from "Tombstone" and it's a well known fact that Batman would win in a shoot out against Johnny Ringo.  Now, Batman with tuberculosis versus Doc Holliday...anybody's guess.  "Batman Forever" got some mediocre reviews, but I'm willing to give it another try.

Walking to the bus stop tonight another captain with a week's growth of mustache told me I have a, "Solid 'stache."  This guy is only here for a few days to help another office and he said he loves the food because it is (allegedly) not mystery meat.  A navy captain saw a picture of me with my two sons from four months ago taped to my computer monitor and expressed surprise seeing my bare upper lip.  He asked if I am going to keep my mouth sweater and then opined that it is probably "up to my wife."  To complete the facial-hair-comment trifecta, Sam told me I should at least consider taking it home with me. 

I opened the drinking cocoa tonight and was thinking "This is really similar to the hot cocoa I made with coconut milk two years ago..." when I realized I had a can of coconut cream in my desk drawer.  As I was opening the can of island goodness with my leatherman tool, the ops officer on duty came by and asked if I was going camping.  After admitting that, unfortunately, no I wasn't camping, I described my coffee augmentation tools.  He told us how, years ago, his wife made hugh batches of chicken curry, which he would take to work for days on end.  Then she started Weight Watchers and stopped making curries due to the calories in the cream.  Hmmm...that isn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Speaking of which, let's go get a curry.


Don't know why he needs the scarf; the 'stache should keep him warm.

George Clooney was getting criticism from the Huffington Post three months ago, but he looks like he's channeling Clark Gable.  His performance in "Batman Forever" was better suited to his character in "Ocean's Eleven" and its sequels.  Keep that mustache and he could be a decent Forge from the pages of the X-Men.  Not sure if Clooney has any Native American blood, but he could be a matter-of-fact engineer type.

Finally, on the bus ride back from work, another captain expressed his mustache envy.  He guessed that I had been growing my mustache for a year and that mine is so burly and intimidating.  Then he made a gesture similar to the way that Batman's cape protects his shoulders, my mustache protects my chin.