9/20/2013

Shifted

With my alternating schedule, each day is either a long work day or a strange day figuring out what to do without changing my sleep schedule.  I got to talk to my family for over an hour after waking up, which was a rare treat.  Then went down to the gym and got to experience the crowdedness of late evening.  I still got my workout in a 25 minute span.

Warmup: 2x15x45lb kettlebell swings
Squats: 3x5x305
Press: 3x5x135
Deadlift: 2-415

My neck and lower back are very tight from the deadlifts, so hopefully sleep will help.

Then, I ate this for my breakfast:

The server laughed when I asked for ten wings.
Sam and I tried the Kasbah lounge rather than the Fox Sports Bar and found the selection of wines and scotches to be much more varied.  I had a Ruffinos Chianti, a Tawny port (with a word of warning from the bartender) and finished with a McClelland's scotch.  The bartender told me that most of the patron's he served the Tawny told him it did not taste like a quality beverage.  I assured him I knew what a port tasted like and enjoyed the reduced price tag ($2.25 a glass versus $4.25 for the chianti).  It tasted similar to a raisin wine I made last year.

We sipped our scotches outside and I thought about Scottish Highlanders while thinking it felt like we were in a sauna.

Cheers with McClelland Speyside 12 year

Before we left, I almost took a nap in a couch outside the Gentlemen's Water Closet.

I don't think you'll see this at Big Lots.

After all of that, I went back to my room and read stories to my sons before they went to sleep.  Then I took a nap, still feeling full from my breakfast.  I forced myself to eat some beef ribs and BBQ chicken at the DFAC and will shortly climb into bed.  Cheers.

Say hello to your mother for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment