9/12/2013

Patriot Day

Underneath that mask, well, there might be a mustache.  Probably not, though.

Happy Patriot Day!  That is the Iron Patriot, which, depending on how comic otaku you are, you may realize that IP could be different people, but not necessarily a patriot.  Anyway, red white and blue.  The following are Marvel characters with mustaches who one might consider patriots: Dum Dum Dugan (WWII vet), Corsair (NASA pilot) and Sgt Slaughter.

More geeking out: walking back from the DFAC tonight I overheard the words "Windows 7" and "solid state harddrive."  I turned around and then had a five minute conversation with the kid in question, using such suggestions as disk image, Norton Ghost, IDE cable, SATA connection, BIOS, Linux iso, Windows 8, terabyte, Western Digital gigabyte and Jefferson Airplane.  That was the most fun I've had since the great motherboard burnout of 2005.

Shift tonight was a little bit longer, but we get to do some new things (create new email templates!) so we stay busy.  I might get a night off before my apprentice goes TDY (to the Dagobah system for training).  Which reminds me:

That's right; I went there.
 
No pics of my tray of food tonight.  Suffice it to say I had four steaks, five eggs, mushrooms, onions, mustard greens, lots of butter, sausage, coffee, tea and some dried fruit...and some acetaminophen due to my twisted neck muscles.  Either twisted it sleeping or deadlifting last night.  Ah, painkillers: thank you for blocking my eicosanoid receptors.