7/09/2013

Undisclosed Location

So I decided to spend my summer in an undisclosed location in southwest Asia.  I'm growing my mustache,  trying to eat paleo and catching up on my reading.  

My life the past three weeks has been pretty routine: I work night shifts with no expected days off; I wake up in the afternoon, shower, eat, sweat on the walk to the bus stop, watch some computer monitors for 8-9 hours, bus back to my room, work out, eggs over hard with sausage, read, go to sleep, and back to step 1.  

Right now I'm reading Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon, which is a mix between Catch 22 and The DaVinci Code, sort of a mix between Tom Clancy and William Gibson.  It is truly tough to put down.  If, you are female, I sincerely doubt you enjoy it as much as I do.  It is essentially a geek's dream book  mostly dealing with hacking, cryptography and war.

I'm also going through John Durant's blog as well as keeping up with Mark Sisson, Rich Nikoley and Wellnessmama.

For the record, here is my workout from a few hours ago:
Warmup: 10 dips, 10 back extensions, 10 pullups, 10 situps and 10 barbell overhead squats
Workout: 5x5 dumbell front squats (55lbs, 60, 70, 80 and 95lbs)
Skill: push press - 135lbs, 155, 165, 185 and 205

who knew the Canadian superhero team was here?!





My before bed meal: eggs over hard, ham, peppers, salsa and sausage patties.





No comments:

Post a Comment