9/27/2013

Good News

I like the news.
Evenings in the DFAC they have been showing CNN's "Crossfire", a revitalization of an older CNN show.  I think it is supposed to be two left wing hosts (sorta versus) and two right wing hosts.  Each side gets a female; Sarah Elizabeth (or S.E.; don't know why the initialization) Cupp is the right wing and Stephanie Cutter is the left wing.  It appears that the show quickly devolves into shouting matches.  The other night the topic was Obamacare, the Rev. Cornel West was defending the policies of the program.  At least I think he was; the volume wasn't that loud and I was many rows away.

Reverend Cornel West
I'm not endorsing any of the hosts or the guests, but if you have this host:

I'm calling CNN "Crossfire" from Fox News "Red Eye" an upgrade
...or...

The photographer gave her fair warning this time.
...versus:

Happy face
...I think any message might be muted and/or lost in translation.  Like Russell Brand says, "I'm only flesh and blood; I've got instincts."

So that's what's on the telly in the dining facility.  Like any human with a functional deliciousness center int he brain, my trips to the DFAC, combined with the snacks in my work drawer, have resulted in feasts and, well, smaller feasts.  According to fitday, today I consumed approximately 4,400 calories.  Based on the number of sardine tins and macadamias left, more caloric binges are possible in the next week.  That being said, my goal has been a daily 16 hour fast, meaning from a few hours before I went to sleep until dinner time, no food.  Yeah, yeah: it's easy to not eat when you are sleeping (I don't sleep walk/sleep eat), but by confining my repasts to 8 hour blocks, the goal is to use my body fat as energy during the other hours.  I've lost some weight, but no idea on body fat percentage.

A later post will highlight the three workout strategies I've used while here: Whatever I Felt Like (bad), Confused 5x5 (better) and (almost as prescribed) Stronglifts 5x5 (more better).  Next phase (starting around 21 October): Stronglifts 5x5 with the Whole30 diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment