9/23/2013

Signs

Travis Bickle, a former Marine.
If you knew "Taxi Driver" was the movie DeNiro used his now famous, "You talkin' to me?" line, you get a gold star for today.  Obviously not a mustache, but let's call his urban mohawk a head 'stache.  The manner by which Travis trains himself resonates with me and fits with my interest in coming of age tales.  Plus, the sign goes with the discussion below and his role as taxi driver fits with my "Tale of Two Bus Drivers" tale.

Just got done work.  I was waiting on one bus to leave when another bus driver came up and let the two of us passengers know that he was leaving now.  It seemed I was on a bus that wasn't scheduled to leave for another fifteen minutes and the driver decided to play the smartphone game "Kill brain cells while people assume the bus is leaving soon" instead of turning around and saying, "Just so you know, this bus leaves at 0500, not now, when you want to go back to your room and go to sleep."

I've been saving this post for a time when I had fewer things to share beyond "The past twelve hours were spent at work.  I updated some work files and emailed my wife about selling my truck so we could buy me a horse to ride to work (oats cost less than gas per kilojoule)."
If I find any grass, I will be sure to stay off of it.
Your options are to run like hell or prance.

There is a sign above one of the sinks that says, "Do not use sink to shave head."  I haven't shaved my head since college, but if I do, I'll use my razor, not a porcelain sink.  I wasn't able to get a picture of this before they locked this particular Cadillac.  Too many witnesses to wonder, "Why does this guy keep taking pictures in the men's room?"

No pictures since my camera fails the "can I bring this to work?" test.  I did use up three cans of tuna and one can of smoked herring, so my stash is slowly dwindling.  Also had chocolate coconut ice cream for dessert by putting regular coconut milk in the freezer, letting it thaw and adding chocolate powder and cacao bliss (chocolate flavored coconut butter).

Best line from "Taxi Driver": "Suck on this."  Remember kids, don't smoke.  Or be a pimp, like James Lipton...used to be.

"Paris is lovely this time of year...for prostitutes."




No comments:

Post a Comment