9/30/2013

Based on true events

Col Robin Olds
Robin Olds brought us both Mustache March and the Deployment 'Stache, so I'm actually surprised that it took me till two days away from flying out of here that he make an appearance on my blog.  Tonight at the gym I was talking to a guy wearing Vibram Fivefingers and he asked me if I was a pilot.  I chuckled and told him no.  He explained that I have a Robin Olds mustache.  That's probably the best mustache compliment I've received since June 30th.  Speaking of which, my flavor saver is 3 months old today!

Six of us made our way downtown tonight for my final foray into the local area.  My wife advised me to take lots of pictures...while in the mall.  It's surprising how westernized the local city is.  No camel for dinner this time, just your typical South African Boerewors sausage and roasted lamb.

This is not for bread.

British condiments, none of which I needed.

Sausage, sweet potato and lamb.

During dinner the guys presented me with a certificate of appreciation for my work the past 100 days.  It's very considerate of them since I wasn't truly part of the cell, but sat with them and was able to broaden their knowledge base about astronomy, basic physics and how to convert from grams to pounds.      

At that bottom there is a note that reads, "What did you do here again?"
Afterwards, some of the guys wanted smoothies and Sam and I wanted (shock) coffee.  We found a French restaurant on our way out of the mall.  Sam tried to get a cappuccino, but ended up with a chocolate milkshake look-a-like in a fancy glass.  I had a double espresso with some non-paleo treats, although creme brulee has eggs, therefore it is healthy.


La France est un pays merveilleux!
surprise cafĂ© 
Knowing my days are limited on base, I hit the gym for a light workout.

Squat: 5x5x185
Deadlift: 5-245
Incline Bench: 5x5x115

...followed with eggs and sausage:

Earl Grey tea to finish the night.

Dragonfly in Amber went back to the library and From a Buick 8 is in my room now.  It's only 350 pages, so I should be able to finish that in two days.

The Fighter Pilot, the Hunter and the Earl.  There must be some deeper meaning there.  For more deeper meanings, check out this.  I think it is interesting as it forces you to look at your own mental baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment